Tutorial Tuesday - Chocolate Hazelnut Spread

Tuesday, July 05, 2011


Yum. 
What else can I say?
Whipped up this delicious homemade chocolate hazelnut spread (faux Nutella) for my hubby's father's day gift.  While it's not going to fool anyone as the original, I still think it's scrumptious! And personally, packaging food in a little jar makes anything taste good :) 

This spread would make a charming thank-you, housewarming, or just-because gift!

Here's a few Nutella-inspired recipes (I suggest experimenting, not only to get it just right, but it's also a lot of tasty fun to sample them all!) 

Homemade Nutella from The Family Kitchen
Vegan Nutella from Epicurvegan
Homemade Nutella from Living the Sweet Life in Paris


Printable Gift Tags from Creature Comfort


4 comments :

Pili said...

Oh my, home made nutella! I so will check the different recipe links!

Urban Nester said...

oh my, this could be trouble! nutella is my favorite. i can't imagine what homemade nutella would taste like! great work---it's absolutely adorable in that little jar.

Isa Maria said...

I love Nutella so much I named my business after the French for hazelnut!!

I will of course have to try all three recipes in the interests of making an informed decision over which is best. I also have my vegan sister staying with us for the Summer so the vegan recipe will be great!

Thanks for sharing Allisa!

Linda said...

thank you! You can't go wrong with anything at least similar to Nutella!