Business Bits - The Story of Joy

Monday, June 21, 2010


Topic: Ad Campaign - Learning from BMW

There are a lot of really dumb ads out there. However, I think BMW gets it right. And I'm not even a car person (in fact, if I could, I'd drive an old 80's Ford pick-up. Really.) 

Anyhow, BMW launched an ad campaign awhile back that I think we can learn from.

It's called, "The Story of Joy."

Remember my post  from way back about telling your story? Well, BMW does just that-sharing more about what they're all about rather than just talking at you. Do they still want us to buy their cars? Yes, but they also want us to know & fall in love with their brand- their story.

One of their taglines says it perfectly & gives us something to think about in how we create & shape our own business identities:

"We realized a long time ago that what you make people feel is just as important as what you make."





What does your brand/blog/site/shop make people feel?